I've been dining infrequently at the Domaine de Lintillac for a couple of years now. The menu, translated into several languages, including japanese and chinese, is a walk through preparations of every cut of duck and duck bi-product. The fact that French is rarely spoken in the restaurant (as in, the night we were there, André's family were the only native French speakers) is quite a turn off... but the food... and the prices are just so wonderful. Like this light, fluffy Foie Gras prepared in white wine:
I proposed this restaurant for an extended family meet-up because every French person I know loves duck. I have to admit, I never felt that I truely belonged here until I was converted into a duck appreciator--an event that was inevitable after sampling a particluarly delactable confit, soaked in honey and spices, during a weekend in Toulouse. This magret, or duck breast, was served with apricots:
I also wanted to bring my family here, as my mother happens to have a pretty vocal obsession with cassoulet. The version she makes at home incorporates ground beef and pork sausage, but the Domaine indulges--with a whole duck leg, and a duck sausage--while not being a huge fan of duck herself, she couldn't stop praising the texture and taste of aforementioned sausage.
If you have never had a simply prepared duck breast, cooked rosé with only a few dashes of salt, you are really missing out. The duck is served with pommes sarladaises, potatos fried in duck fat. Nothing more simple, or more tasty.
But the best part of this restaurant, save it's entirely duck-lectable menu, is the price. You may know that dining out in Paris can be well, f*%#ing expensive. But the Domaine de Lintillac has several main courses on their menu for under 10 euros. They also have a very lip-smackinly awesome deal--for just under thirty euros, you get have an aperitif, two glasses of wine, appetizer, main, dessert, and coffee. Dreamed of stuffing as many duck-products in your trap as possible during your Paris sejour? This place is a sure bet. You can even finish off your meal with this redonk sundae, complete with walnut liquor and chestnut cream:
Domaine de Lintillac
a couple of locations, I usually go to 10 Rue Saint Augustin
a couple of locations, I usually go to 10 Rue Saint Augustin
http://www.lintillac-paris.com/
This looks great. Hubby would dine on duck every day if he could. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete