Monday, April 25, 2011
Scenes down South: Bonnieux, Roussillon, and in between.
In our successful effort to discover as much of the Luberon as possible in one day, we continued onward from Oppede.
At this point, I was quite tired of driving, so I handed the wheel over and hung out the window to take pictures of unsuspecting vineyards & whatnot. Oh, have I ever mentioned that French drivers are totally out-of-control nutballs ? Who ever taught them that it was perfectly acceptable to leave your car parked in the middle of the road as long as your caution blinkers were on should die a slow, painful death.
But at least in the provençal countryside, we hardly encountered another soul. Except for those 5 or so cars that passed us, honking, when we travelling at a mere 10 kilometers above the speed limit.
We stopped in Bonnieux for lunch. And consumed some well earned rosé.
And I got to nurse my rapidly developping asparagus addiction with an asparagus omelette. Asparagus ! omelette !!
And we found about 20 houses that I would be perfectly content calling home, including this one in Bonnieux with a disgustingly awesome view of the Luberon in back.
I'm not totally sure what my fascination with taking pictures of other people's laundry is, but I seem to have one. This is not the first, nor second picture I have on my hardrive of this kind.
Crazy French b&b lady informed us that after Oppede, and a drive by of Minerbes & Bonnieux, we would then head north to Roussillon. She said that Roussillon was incontournable as it was a typical perched village, and quite colorful. For some reason when she said colorful, I conjured up images of brightly colored houses, stuck on the side of a mountain. Which there were:
She, however, did not mention anything about these madddeningly beautiful multicolored cliffs. what the what ?
And what day of gallavanting around tiny villages in the Luberon would be complete without a cat serenely napping on a gorgeous staircase leading down the side of an inhabited mountain ? I mean, really.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment