Monday, February 14, 2011

al taglio ! enfin!

we did it ! we finally tried al taglio ! and, well, it was magnificent.

Given it's close proximity to the motherland of pizza, you'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to find an authentic slice in the city of lights. think again. I, being a lover of pizza, and André, being an outright addict, have suffered through many an emmental covered, unspiced, ball of uncooked dough. So my eyes lit up some months ago when I read about a place serving pizza by the slice-- a rare thing in Paris. And then the information stayed, catalogued in the back of my mind for another day. And that day was today !



We tried the bufala mozzarella, spicy salami, shrimp/zucchini/onion, and tomato-oregano. Unfortunately, their famous potato-truffle was not available tonite. I say all the more reason to go back !

A happy pizza eater:


and a melancholic message spotted on the way home:


[I think of the day when horses learned to cry.]

2 comments:

  1. Cheesy!! The message, not the pizza, I mean. Maria (who always has to comment as anonymous because she has none of the accounts listed below.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, the pizza was cheesy too... ! and we walked by your old place on the way home. sigh.

    ReplyDelete