Friday, February 4, 2011

evolution

I've been thinking a lot about evolution lately. Of relationships; of careers; of artistry. I started this blog last summer because I wanted to start a blog. I knew what I liked. What I liked to write about. Music, travel, food, the amazing place I live in, the amazing place I come from. But I wasn't sure how this blog would evolve. Hence the months of silence.

I spent the week in bed, with a rather unpleasant case of the stomach flu, my computer my default best friend. And I thought about something. Who do I want my reader to be ? The answer was startling. The readers of my opera posts, and the readers of my other blogs posts were not the same. The things I wanted to achieve with these posts are not the same. And so I came to a decision:

Sweet Caroline will become the blog where my friends, family, and other readers can come to read about my travels, my parisian discoveries, and things I find just darn interesting. And the opera posts, which are intended as critiques, or reflections on opera productions & evolution in the opera world, will move to another site--my forthcoming professional site. As soon as it is online, it will be announced here.

So dear friends, look forward to photos and witticisms from my not-quite-cliché wanderings of this amazing place which I call home !

1 comment:

  1. Good!! Because I can relate more to your non-Opera life and find myself nodding vigorously at most things you write about Paris. Maria

    ReplyDelete